Jet-setters Series #2 - Samples and Minis Are Your Best Friend

Leave a Comment
You're off on holiday, whether its for a long weekend or a fortnight, the question of 'which toiletries do I take?' is looming. Now I can probably pack all my clothes and shoes for a holiday within half an hour. However ask me to pack my toiletry back and I'll break out in a sweat!

If you're checking in a bag then you can afford to be a bit more flexible with what you take. If your not then you have to be a lot stricter and try and fit it in the trusty carry on case. 

The good news is you can buy all those mini's that look so darn cute! Or, if your like me and have already bought them throughout the year then finally you can use them (just like you said you would).

If there's a group of you travelling and your each checking in a bag, a good tip would be to split the basics so for example one person take mouthwash and another shower gel and so on. That way you don't end up with 4 giant bottles of shower gel that you will never use up.

Decanting some of your favourite products into smaller bottles is a great idea. For example I love me some pixi glow tonic, so when I go away I buy the small travel bottles. I decant some in there and hey presto I'm ready to go. These travel bottles only fit 100ml so you don't have to worry about being over the amount. I have bought mine from boots, but have even seen them in Primark and Poundland.

You know all those samples you have in that drawer, the sachets and mini bottles. Take them away with you. You're most likely to use them up and try something new.

Some brands such as Bumble and Bumble do fantastic travel sets. These are great because if like me you can't bring yourself to spend so much on a shampoo, you can get the minis for a cheaper price and get to try the brand you've been lusting after. This is popular with skincare brands also. Liz Earle is a great on as she has many 100 ml options.

Lastly try not to worry too much, take your essentials such as skincare. Shower gel and mouthwash can be bought from wherever you are going. That will save on valuable space in your carry on.

What are some of your travel tips?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.