Ren Try Me Kit- Normal Skin

Leave a Comment
I picked up this little kit from M&S a while ago, I love the M&S beauty hall they have so many brands to choose from. Little kits like this are a great way to try out some of a brands best selling products. This kit is for 'normal skin', I tend to have combination skin, two of the products in this kit can be used for all skin types.
Ren Kit for Normal Skin
Now lets start with my favourite from the set and the main reason I bought this. The Ren glycolactic radiance renewal mask works as an exfoliating mask to renew complexion, improve skin tone and radiance. This mask has been heavily reviewed and blogged about, its something I've been wanting to try for a while but was always left wondering if the price was justifiable. The first thing I noticed about this mask was its unique texture and scent, the best way to describe it, is like marmalade. It does feel strange applying it to the skin as I'm used to clay and cream masks. I felt a little tingling while it was on but not too much, enough to know that the mask was working hard. After 10 minutes I washed it off with a damp cloth and it wiped off fairly easily, no tugging on skin required. I can say that my skin did look a lot more radiant and glowy after I used this, normally with face masks the effects are not quite so dramatic straight away but with this mask it provides instant gratification. My skin felt smoother and I found that my moisturiser worked better after using this. I have already ordered the full size to this, anything that can help my dull skin look better is definitely worth it.

The Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream is rich yet easily absorbed into the skin. When applied for bed I found that my skin still felt nourished and soft in the morning. What more can you ask of a night cream. I did enjoy using this however I'm unsure if I would purchase the full size yet as there are more I would like to try.

I used the Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel up, but during winter I prefer to use a balm or cream cleanser. I feel this will be better to use in the warmer months. It did not irritate my skin in the slightest, or leave it feeling tight after wards. I enjoyed using this cleaning gel in the mornings as it left my skin feeling refreshed and helped me wake up.

Lastly the Vita- Mineral Day Cream, I initially thought this might be a bit too rich for my combination skin as its targeted for normal skin. It was not the case, the moisturiser worked well on nourishing the dry patches on my skin and was not too heavy on my t-zone. It has the same scent as the frankincense night cream, I'm not fond of the scent but it does go away quite quickly. I can't say I would buy the full size as I feel there are better Ren moisturisers which suit my skin type better.

This set is great for someone who is starting out with skincare or someone who wants to try some Ren products. Have you tried any Ren products?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.